In This Video We Are Looking At KDE Plasma 5.25 beta. The coders improved Kwin’s integration with Wayland and refreshed large portions of the project’s code
► Subscribe me here : https://bit.ly/3dI03ff
► Follow me on Tumblr : https://www.tumblr.com/blog/runboxing
► Follow me on Twitter : https://twitter.com/Runboxing1
► Follow me on Pinterest : https://www.pinterest.com/Runboxing1/
KDE Plasma 5.25 Beta Top New Features and Release Details
Click Here to Watch More Entertainment :
► Linux Videos : https://bit.ly/2Teia2U
► Buyer Guide Videos : https://bit.ly/35cUaTK
► Raspberry pi Videos : https://bit.ly/3jgfaxQ
► Review Videos : https://bit.ly/2HeIuYo
► Mozilla Videos : https://bit.ly/2IOi3JG
► Vpn Videos : https://bit.ly/3m3V23B
► Ipad Videos : https://bit.ly/34guh6d
► Mac Os Videos : https://bit.ly/37mPrBx
——Subscribe to stay up to date with the channel! ——
Make sure to subscribe to the channel & select the 🔔bell push notifications (click the 🔔BELL icon next to the subscribe button) to be notified immediately when I release a new video.
✅ BE SURE TO LIKE, SUBSCRIBE, AND TURN ON NOTIFICATIONS!!!
If you watched this video and scrolled to the bottom and are reading this I would love to hear from you.
If you have any questions give me a shout on social media & I’ll try and answer all the questions you might have.
Thanks for watching and I’ll see you next time!
Following this week’s KDE Plasma 5.25 beta release, KDE developers turned their attention to bug fixing and they accomplished a lot.
With the KDE Plasma 5.25 beta shipped, developers are turning from features to fixes ahead of next month’s 5.25 stable debut. Among the many last minute changes and fixes to land this week included:
– Plasma 5.25 is fixing a case where the screen locker would fail to show any interactive UI elements. The screen locker can also now unlock user accounts that don’t have a password set.
– The Dolphin file manager now more reliably downloads and installs new context menu services.
– The kded background process will now properly quit when shutting down the system rather than abruptly terminating.
– Under Plasma Wayland the cursor will no longer flicker when dragging something and using the default Breeze cursor theme.
– Also with Plasma Wayland, when having a rotated monitor orientation and connecting a new monitor it will no longer cause the prior monitor’s rotation to be un-rotated.
– CSD-using GTK apps using the Breeze GTK theme will now better match the styling of other apps. There are also other GTK theme integration fixes.
– Drag and drop onto XWayland-using apps now works better under the Plasma 5.25 Wayland session.
– Various other Plasma Wayland session fixes.
More details on all of the changes to have landed this week in the KDE space via developer Nate Graham’s blog with his excellent weekly development summaries.
:: More :
KDE Plasma 5.25 Beta: improved integration between Kwin and Wayland
KDE Plasma 5.25 beta. The coders improved Kwin’s integration with Wayland and refreshed large portions of the project’s code
The KDE coding team has released a new testing release of the project. KDE Plasma 5.25 Beta contains all the innovations introduced in the development branch of the open source graphical environment. This is a build dedicated to the most curious users who intend to contribute to the development of the desktop environment. This update contains within it a series of really interesting improvements. For example, one of the most important changes concerns the code that manages the integration between Kwin , the KDE compositing window manager, and the Wayland display server., that is the software component that deals with coordinating user inputs / outputs between the distribution and hardware peripherals as well as providing the basis for rendering the GUI (Graphical User Interface).
KDE Plasma 5.25 beta benefits from a more mature gesture support , moreover the code of the aesthetic effects of the graphic environment has been completely rewritten using the QML language , so as to reduce the consumption of CPU (Central Processing Unit), GPU (Graphics) resources. Processing Unit) and RAM (Random Access Memory).
Also in KDE Plasma 5.25 beta, the developer team started a refactoring of the window management by merging the package that was in charge of interfacing with Wayland, or kwayland-server , into Kwin . By doing this, maintenance operations have been greatly simplified and interoperability with the new reference display server has also been improved.
The release of the stable version of KDE Plasma 5.25 beta has been set, barring any unforeseen last minute development, for June 14th.
#Kde #KdePlasma #KdePlasmaBeta #KdeNeon #Beta
Todays Video – KDE Plasma 5.25 Preparing More Bug Fixes, Continued Wayland Fixes!